The Works Cycling Club was established in 1887 and the first minutes were recorded in the Cyclists Year Book the following year. The Secretary was GH Glover, the Club Captain William Hawkins but the club became defunct by 1895. The Championship Cup of 1893 was painted with a scene of Tewkesbury Bridge by Edward Salter and was won by Salter himself. The photograph shows a variety of machines embracing ‘ordinaries’ (high bicycles), seven front steering rear drive, two rear steering tricycles and one safety bicycle on the extreme right.The club had a blazer and a dark coloured cap. For full details see Royal Worcester Porcelain page 33.
Mr EP Evans the Company secretary is in the centre with the black beard. Mr Binns is the fifth person to his left with the great white beard.