Archive

Portico of Regency showroom

This fine Regency building survives from the Chamberlain period and in 1951 was the Museum opened by Princess Elizabeth to celebrate the bicentenary of the Worcester Porcelain Company. The Princess was shown around the Museum by Mr CW Dyson Perrins. The crest and urns on the top of building were in coade stone, wantonly pulled down by MD Robert Stevens when he was told the arms were not correct, and replaced by a new crest made of glass fibre.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest

People who looked at this Image also looked at