Countess of Huntingdon font
Christening bowl decorated with a grey marbled effect on a green marbled stand with 4 gilded paw feet. The Flight, Barr and Barr factory made this Classical style font, with gilt biblical inscriptions on a marble effect ground, for use at the Countess of Huntingdon Chapel, Worcester when the building was enlarged in 1815. First built in 1804, the chapel was a popular place of worship in the early 19th century.
Soft paste porcelain
Impressed FBB and crown
From the Worcester City Museum Collection, 1994