The Earl of Dudley and Lady Georgina Elizabeth Moncrieffe were married on 21st November 1865. In December 1865 the Worcester Corporation presented a cabaret service to celebrate their marriage. A duplicate set was also made at the request of the Earl of Dudley for public display at the factory – this is the one now on display in the museum. The set was gilded and jewelled by Samuel Ranford and the portraits painted by Thomas Scott Callowhill. The original set had an inscribed quatrefoil tray.