We currently have opportunities for casual Museum Assistants to join our team supporting every aspect of our welcome for visitors including Museum reception, sales and other duties in the Museum Shop, our Paint-Your-Own-Pottery experience, and our group visits, hires and events. We’re looking for friendly, polite and well-presented candidates to support the excellence of our visitor experience. The MoRW has a small passionate team and suits individuals with energy, enthusiasm and a collaborative approach.
This is a casual zero hours role, reporting to the Museum Director with supervision from senior Front-Of-House team colleagues. Training will be provided on specific duties. Hours available will vary according to opening hours, visitor/event bookings, and holiday and illness cover required and are likely to include some weekend and evening working.
- Administering ticket sales and bookings
- Displaying and selling shop merchandise
- Supporting the Museum’s Paint-Your-Own-Pottery experience
- Providing assistance at Museum events
Candidates should bring
- Excellent customer service skills and experience of working in a retail or other customer-facing environment
- A friendly polite manner and an ability to work with a wide range of people
20230214 MoRW MuseumAssistant JDPS
To apply, please review the Job Description and Person Specification above and email a CV and covering letter addressing the role requirements to the Museum’s HR Consultant Deirdre Myers at [email protected]
Closing date: Monday 6 March 10am
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 15 March in person or on zoom