When you volunteer for the Museum you’ll be joining a small but passionate team. Our Museum Director, Sophie Heath says:
‘We are a small friendly team of staff and volunteers who are passionate about Worcester porcelain and connecting people with this magnificent heritage. Volunteering with us offers opportunities to meet new people, share your expertise and learn new skills. We have roles for regular or occasional volunteering, to suit a range of interests and commitments.’
If you are interested in volunteering with the Museum of Royal Worcester please contact us here.
There are a range of ways that you can volunteer with us:
- A warm welcome – support our Front-of-House team helping visitors to get the most out of their time at the Museum or at events. Chat to people about their visit and help us get valuable feedback through visitor comments and surveys.
- In our Paint-Your-Own-Pottery Studio you’ll be showing people how to get started creating their own unique piece. You can also learn how to glaze the pottery people have painted, from mugs to figurines, ready for firing and help package finished items ready for collection or posting.
- With our Pop-Up Museum you’ll enjoy talking to adults and children and like getting creative with craft activities then do get in touch. We go out and about taking our Pop-Up Museum into our local communities including shopping centres, community events, care homes, community centres and schools and offering holiday craft activities in the Museum courtyard.
- Special Events – don’t have the time to volunteer regularly? You can still get involved as and when suits. We’ll share upcoming dates with you and you can support one-off special events or group visits– there are weekday, evening and weekend opportunities during the year.
- Practical tasks – If you enjoy helping in a hands-on way we have plenty of opportunities to help us set up and put away furniture for events and to support transport and set-up of our Pop-up Museum at locations around Worcester. We also have gardening and maintenance tasks that help keep the Museum looking our best.
- Admin and marketing – we value support behind the scenes with administration, record keeping, social media, updating our website, delivering flyers and other tasks
Spot the Museum in new film ‘Volunteering is for you!’ by West Midlands Museum Development https://youtu.be/jyyRUqcLtuw